CareersJoin Team OMAC
After School Driver
Does your child participate in the OMAC Martial Arts After School Program?
Have you an extra hour or two in your day that you’d like to fill productively while spending with your child/ grandchild and their classmates?
OMAC’s After School Martial Arts Program picks up students at their school and transports them to our facility where they take part in a structured curriculum of study, martial arts classes and games.
OMAC is currently seeking to recruit their newest talent. We find ourselves in need of our next nurturing and responsible After School Driver for our locations in Oakville and Burlington.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Follow OMAC set policies and procedures regarding pick up and security of students once aboard the vehicle.
- Reflect and well represent our school in all communications and dealings with students, teachers, schools and parents.
Requirements of the position:
- A parent or grandparent with children at the school or personal experience with children an asset!
- Experience with school bus / van driving preferred ; our students’ safety is first priority.
- Valid Ontario, “G” class driver’s licence, in good standing; additional class F, E, C or B licence ideal.
- Reliability, responsibility and dependability are “must haves”.
- Kind and patient disposition with a professional appearance.
- Relied upon to report any issues with vehicle immediately for inspection.
- Deal professionally at all times with individual schools’ staff at pickup; following strict policy and protocol for student pick up and emergency scenario procedures.
- First Aid and CPR credentials appreciated or willingness to obtain.
- Criminal background and Vulnerable Sector check required.
- Familiarity with Burlington and it’s schools will be considered an asset.
Please apply below.